It’s Superbowl weekend! I’m not usually a football fan, but the Atlanta Falcons made it to the event, so I became a super fan. During the semifinal game, I made this Buffalo Chicken dip and posted some images on Instagram Stories. I had some recipe requests, so I thought I would quickly share before the game. The funny thing is, I looked up buffalo chicken dip on Pinterest and pretty much combined my favorite parts of all the recipes.
As I was making the dip, I was concerned that it would be overpowering, but buffalo chicken is supposed to be a strongly flavored dish. All in all, I was very pleased with the final product. We ate it with pita chips, but it can be eaten with tortilla chips, toast, veggies and more. I actually saw an awesome recipe that filled zucchini with the buffalo chicken dip! Might have to try that next time.
- 1 cup Shredded Chicken (homemade, rotisserie or canned)
- 1 package Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce (less to make it less spicy)
- 1.5 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Chopped Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- Chips/Celery/Carrots/Toast (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a nonstick pan, combine and heat the shredded chicken and red hot sauce.
- Add cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Stir and heat until combined.
- Pour into oiled cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese and half of the blue cheese crumbles on top.
- Bake skillet in oven for 20 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Sprinkle remaining blue cheese crumbles and green onions on top.
- Serve with Chips/Celery/Carrots/Toast.
- Enjoy warm! Be careful, the skillet will be hot hot hot.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
What are y’all making for the big game? I’m still brainstorming, but I want it to be Falcons themed!
Happy weekend loves! Have a great day.
Thanks so much for stopping by.