Anyone else hating the current weather? After weeks of spring temperatures, Georgia finally decided to feel like the winter. And I am not a fan. One of my major struggles during this transitional weather is not freezing in the morning. So mastering layers during this time is crucial.
My spring layering essentials are: leather jacket, long cardigan, weather proof trench coat, and classic denim jacket. It was a clear and sunny day so I choose to stay warm with this fun suede trench coat. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be an option with the current wet conditions. But on the brisk sunny days, this trench is my trendy go-to!
Trench- Similar :: Top- J.Crew Factory :: Denim- J.Brand :: Shoes- Vince :: Bag- Tory Burch :: Watch- Michael Kors :: Bracelet- David Yurman :: Rings- Kendra Scott, David Yurman
A few ways fool proof ways to master spring layers is to:
- Start sleeveless and build onwards. Wearing a shell or tank and the first layer is a great way to prepare for chilly mornings that turn into hot days. It’s always better to layer on for warmth, with the option of removing layers later.
- Slips are your best friend. With silky textures being all the rage, having a silk slip peaking through is not just a fashion statement, but also a warming piece.
- Mix prints. Begin with a fun floral print as the bottom layer, with a solid colored jacket/blazer on top.
- Spring scarves. Blanket scarves may be for the winter, but light weight scarves are a stylish accessory that also add to the warmth.
- Sweater weather. Don’t pack up your sweaters with the first sight of spring! A perfect spring friendly option is pairing a cashmere sweater with a skirt or short dress underneath.
- Color play. You can’t go wrong with white on white on white. It screams springtime and looks so put together.