We may earn an affiliate commission from some links in this post, at no cost to you. Thank you!
Summertime calls for lots of wining and dining so having a well-loved appetizer option is essential. Charcuterie boards are a great way to please a crowd, and when done right, make a great centerpiece.
A few tips on how to create the perfect charcuterie board:
- Start with your base of cheese, meats, and bread. After you pick a cohesive flavor profile, the sides can be picked. Make sure you have a few different flavors to please everyone. I stick with one mild, one medium, and one strongly flavored meat and cheese to start. Don’t forget about the bread, something simple works best.
- When it comes to garnishes, a wide assortment is once again the way to go. Flavors that I stick with are something sweet, something spicy, something sour and something salty.
- Add color to your garnishes. Meat and cheese are usually blah in the color spectrum, but I love adding fresh fruit and fruit preserves to add color and sweetness.
- Don’t forget the sauces. Mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey are great liquid items to drizzle all over the board.
- Plate everything on a gorgeous setting. For my charcuterie nights, I pull out my HUGE butcher block board and fill it up. I’ve linked some gorgeous cheese board necessities that are beautiful.
Cheese Board Necessities
Charcuterie Boards That Are Party Goals
Are you drooling yet? What are your favorite charcuterie board additions?
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!