They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it’s easy to enjoy it with these smoothie bowl recipes. I mean, just look at these pictures! Smoothie bowls look beautiful and the flavor combinations sound amazing. Its the perfect blending of textures too!
Feauture Image via The Bojon Gourmet
I was always a fan of smoothies for breakfast, but the bowl option takes it to an entirely different level. The best way to do it is by adding all the toppings. I highly recommend taking an extra minute to layer the toppings into a pretty design; anything for the Instagram!
When you’re making the smoothie bowls, keep a few things in mind:
- Use a high power blender. Options:
- Blend together 50% liquid with 50% frozen goods. Add protein powder for added health benefits.
- Top with nutrient dense, superfood toppings; such as: chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, toasted coconut, sunflower seeds, nut butters, cocoa nibs, fresh fruit, oatmeal, granola, dried berries, raw honey, etc.
- For layering, start with the lighter ingredients and add the heavier ingredients on top.
- Meal prep option: make the smoothie base in advance and freeze it. Let it sit outside for an hour and add the toppings right before you want to enjoy it!
20 Smoothie Bowl Recipes
A great alternative to the smoothie bowl is a chia pudding bowl. Check out my recipe here!
What are your favorite smoothie bowl combinations?
Thanks so much for stopping by!