notes of cambria
When it comes to relaxing, I like to think of myself as an expert! My favorite weekend activity is popping open a bottle of wine, laying back and listening to tunes while indulging in some charcuterie. Every time I do this, I reflect on how wine and music, when paired together, create the perfect atmosphere for relaxing.
Cambria Winery did an amazing thing by collaborating with musician Kalei Yamanoha to create Notes of Cambria. He takes inspiration from Cambria Winery’s various wines to compose addicting music. Annnnnd, Cambria Winery documented the whole process with a 4 part video series.
When I first listened to the pieces created by Yamanoha, happy emotions were evoked. I truly felt the wines being personified. When the music was paired with Cambria’s Benchbreak Chardonnay and Cambria’s Benchbreak Pinot Noir, I got distinguishing notes from the wine that tied back to the music.
The best part is, the Cambria wine and music combination led to a different tasting experience that included a lot of discussion and learning. What I love is this was the ultimate goal of Notes of Cambria. Cambria Winery wanted to create an innovative way to experience and appreciate wine. They also were able to turn the drinking and listening process into exploratory experience.
So here is how you should enjoy your next wine night:
- Step 1: Use this store locator to find and purchase Cambria’s Benchbreak Chardonnay and Cambria’s Benchbreak Pinot Noir.
- Step 2. Invite over some friends that enjoy wine and music just as much as you do!
- Step 3: Print out the Infographic images below. Cover the colored text under the grey headings with sticky notes.
- Step 4: Pour everyone a glass of Cambria wine and start playing the accompanying song.
- Step 5: Fill in your thoughts on the sticky notes while you taste and listen. Use the grey headings as thought starters.
- Step 6: Compare your thoughts with friends, and with Yamanoha’s hidden notes!
This infographic on the Benchbreak Pinot Noir is the perfect tool when listening to the Pinot Noir Waltz:
For the Chardonnay fans, Yamanoha broke down the notes in this great infographic:
Another great thing that I love is Cambria’s Benchbreak Chardonnay and Benchbreak Pinot Noir are estate grown and bottled. This in turn creates a high quality wine that has immense flavor. These wines do a great job expressing California’s Santa Maria Valley, which is where they originate.
Find Cambria’s Benchmark Chardonnay and Cambria’s Benchmark Pinot Noir by visiting this store locator.
Let me know if you try out the wine and if you experience the musical journey of Yamanoha.
Thanks so much for stopping by!