Everyone should have a signature dish that they bring to dinner parties and I would consider this Chocolate Pudding Pie mine. Honestly, I never thought I would have a recipe that was as well received and requested as this one. But gosh, if you make it, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. The key ingredient is good quality bittersweet chocolate.
This chocolate pudding pie is decadent, not overly sweet and has a great texture. It’s almost like chocolate mousse! So if you’re a chocolate lover like me, I highly recommend you try this easy chocolate pudding pie recipe! My recipe is a variation of the amazing Pioneer Woman’s take on the classic chocolate pie!
- 1 Pre-Made Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 6 oz Finely Chopped, Good Quality Bittersweet Chocolate (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Prepare your pre-made pie crust based on the instructions and cool.
- Stir together all dry ingredients; sugar, cocoa power, corn starch and salt.
- Whisk egg yolks and milk in a large saucepan. Add dry ingredients to this and whisk everything together.
- Slowly heat mixture over medium heat and stir consistently. Let the mixture thicken and bubble! It will take at least 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate, butter and vanilla to the mixture. Stir until everything is smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled pie crust.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 5 hours.