Ever since the first day of fall, I’ve been checking things off my fall bucket list. Going to the farmers market, apple picking, hiking and going to a football game are at the top of my list. This weekend we checked “having a fall picnic” off the list, and it was the best picnic I ever had. We set up a beverage station with Truly Spiked & Sparkling, had charcuterie, grilled veggies, fresh fruit, flowers, pie and lots of fun!
I would say the highlight of the picnic was the Truly Spiked & Sparkling Cocktail Bar. It is the easiest bar set up and adds great festive flavors to the already tasty drink. With tons of garnishes and Truly flavors, the combinations are endless. A variety of combinations is great, but the best part of the beverage station was how guilt free it is. Since Truly Spiked & Sparkling only has 100 calories, 2 grams of carbs, and 1 gram of sugar, it is refreshing and healthier than other high calorie and high sugar options.
How to create a Truly Spiked & Sparkling Garnish Station:
- Purchase the Truly variety pack and organize the chilled cans on a tray. We placed our aluminum tray on an empty apple bushel for a quick DIY bar.
- Chop up your favorite fall fruits and herbs and add them to a mason jar. I used: chopped ginger, pears, apples, persimmon, thyme, and orange peals.
- Set up the garnishes, cocktail skewers and straws next to the Truly cans.
- Pro tip: Wine glasses make the best drink containers; they’re the perfect size for a full can of Truly.
[right]Pick your favorite garnishes and pour the Truly right into the glass. SO easy! [/right]
My favorite garnish combinations are:
- Truly Spiked & Sparkling Lemon & Yuzu + Sliced Ginger + Pear : The bright and tart citrus flavor from the Yuzu Truly melds well with the warm ginger and sweet pear.
- Truly Spiked & Sparkling Colima Lime + Persimmon + Thyme : The slightly sweet and tart flavor of the Colima Lime Truly deepens the sweetness from the persimmon and slight minty thyme.
- Truly Spiked & Sparkling Grapefruit & Pomelo + Orange Peal +Rosemary : Orange peal and rosemary are the perfect aromatic garnishes for the fresh, sweet and tangy Grapefruit & Pomelo Truly.
- Truly Spiked & Sparkling Sicilian Blood Orange + Sliced Apples + Ginger : Ginger and sliced apples add a spicy and sweet aspect making the Sicilian Blood Orange Truly the epitome of fall flavors.
[right]We made cocktails in wine glasses and we also just added the garnishes to the inside of the Truly can for convenience. [/right]
Along with the Truly Spiked & Sparkling Beverage Station, we also indulged in charcuterie, grilled veggies, fruit and pie! We set the picnic up on a pallet with tons of plaid blankets and scarves for added comfort.
How to set up a pallet picnic station:
- Lay a thick table cloth on a flat surface as the base.
- Place a small pallet (we found ours at Lowes) in the center of the table cloth.
- Add a think table cloth on top of the pallet.
- Add scarves, pillows and additional blankets to make the whole area cozy.
- Feel free to decorate with fresh flowers, pumpkins, gourds and other fall picnic essentials.
- Tada! Now you have an easy picnic table!
[right]The extra linens and blankets are crucial in creating the festive fall feeling.[/right]
Now for the food! We just wanted quick snacks that were full of flavor so charcuterie + crackers and grilled veggies was the way to go.
[left]For the charcuterie, I plated prosciutto, salami, brie, havarti, gouda, cranberry goat cheese, blue cheese, olives, garlic, fig, augubine and various jams. [/left]
The grilled/baked veggies were so simple. Make a marinade of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and your favorite herbs. Coat the veggies in the marinade and bake or grill until tender. I baked the acorn squash and sweet potatoes. The tomatoes and asparagus were grilled in a cast iron skillet.
All in all, the most important part of this picnic was enjoying some relaxing time with friends. With a cold Truly in hand, we had tons of fun indulging in charcuterie and experimenting with different cocktail garnishes. Danni also ran around and savored her time outside in the perfect fall weather.
You can find Truly Spiked & Sparkling at your local grocery store in glass bottles, slim cans, and variety packs (my favorite option!) Let me know if you try any of them out!
Thank you Truly Spiked & Sparking for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!