With citrus season in full bloom, I’m incorporating the tart fruit into my meals as much as possible. When you think of citrus, dessert or sweet preparations usually come to mind, but savory citrus meals are just as good. Recently, I’m adding a few slivers of citrus into my salad for extra brightness and flavor. This citrus salad with avocado and vinaigrette is one of my favorite lunch meals. Also, combining oranges, lemons, blood oranges and tangerines creates a colorful meal that is so pretty to look at.
The vinaigrette is simply just extra virgin olive oil, champagne vinegar, orange juice, lemon zest, agave nectar, and Italian seasoning.
Full citrus salad recipe below:
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 Blood Orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 Lemon, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tangerine, peeled and sliced
- 2 Avocado, sliced
- Champagne Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Blood Orange Juice
- Agave Nectar
- Lemon Zest
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 1. On a bed of spinach, layer orange slices and avocado slices.
- 2. Prepare Vinaigrette by combining Olive oil, champagne vinegar, blood orange juice, agave nectar, lemon zest, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. (ratios depend on personal preference)
- 3. Drizzle dressing on salad and enjoy!