This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are my own. #InspireWithCheese
The azaleas are starting to bloom and the temperature is warming up. Who else is counting down to garden parties and outdoor events season. When I have an event coming, I love bringing savory appetizers along. Crostini’s are a favorite amongst our friends, so I particularly love making them. Last weekend, I tried making caramelized onion and mushroom crostini with Kaukauna® Sharp Cheddar Cheese and they were a hit!
If you know me, you know I’m always in a rush. Having products that make creating meals quickly is a dream. Kaukauna® saves so much time when I’m making appetizers and it adds a ton of flavor. All you need to do is add your own flair to create the perfect appetizer that looks and tastes amazing. I literally prepared this Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Crostini in less than 10 minutes, and doesn’t it look amazing?!
I swear it looks like it would take an hour to put this together, but thanks to Kaukauna®, it took nowhere near that long! Full recipe below.
I used the Kaukauna® Sharp Cheddar Cheese Cup as the base. I toasted some sliced french bread, and spread a thick layer of the cheese spread on top. Then I sautéed some garlic, onion, mushrooms, crushed red pepper and italian herbs in butter as a topping.
After topping the cheese spread with the onion and mushroom mixture, I thinly sliced pear and topped the crostini. The pear adds sweetness and looks really pretty. I also chopped some basil and sprinkled it on top!
FInd Kaukauna® Cheese at your local Publix in the deli meat and cheese aisle!
- French Bread, sliced
- Kaukauna® Spreadable Cheese Cup (sharp cheddar flavor)
- 1 Sliced Onion
- Sliced Mushroom (1 small package)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1 TSP Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 TSP Italian Seasoning
- Thinly Sliced Pear
- Chopped Basil (for garnish)
- Slice and toast french bread in the oven.
- Prepare onion and mushroom topping by sautéing minced garlic in butter until it browns. Add sliced onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add crushed red pepper and Italian seasoning. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Spread Kaukauna® Cheese Spread on toasted french bread. Layer onion and mushroom mixture on cheese. Top with thinly sliced pear and chopped basil.