If you haven’t substituted spaghetti squash for actual spaghetti, you’re missing out. On most days when I want to eat something light, I prefer the squash to it’s carby counterpart. The biggest inhibition you may have to spaghetti squash is the prep-work, but I promise, it’s actually fairly easy! We’re also sharing a bunch of spaghetti squash recipes that will become a staple in your household.
How to Prep a Spaghetti Squash
The most daunting task. Cutting into a big, thick skinned gourd without injuring yourself. For years, I avoided spaghetti squash and butternut squash because I didn’t know how to cut it, but let me tell you, it’s pretty dang simple. The secret is, use your microwave to soften and then bake it in the oven.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a baking tray with olive oil.
- Get your spaghetti squash and with a SHARP knife cut the stem and bottom off.
- With your sharp knife, carefully perforate a line holding the squash horizontally. Go all the way around the circumference of the squash.
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes. This will soften it and make it easier to cut.
- Let it cool and then using the perforation, cut the squash in half.
- Remove the seeds and then season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place cut side down on the greased baking sheet and cook for 30-45 minutes dependant on how cooked your want it. We like it al-dente at 35 minutes.
So now that you’re an expert at prepping the spaghetti squash, here are some delicious recipes to make with it.
Spaghetti Squash Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash via The Real Food RDs
Easy & Healthy Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese Recipe via Joy Food Sunshine
RELATED POST: 13 Acorn Squash Recipes that are Full of Fall Flavors
Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash via The Kitchn
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Spaghetti Squash via Domestic Superhero
Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls via Toaster Oven Love
Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash via The Roasted Root
RELATED POST: 35 Butternut Squash Recipes to Make this Fall
Spaghetti Squash 4 Cheese Pesto Lasagna via Half Baked Harvest
Lemon Pesto Spaghetti Squash via Love and Lemons
Cheesy Pesto Chicken Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash via Peas and Crayons
Spicy Tomato Garlic Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash. via Recipe Runner
Spicy Tomato Parmesan Stuffed Spaghetti Squash via Half Baked Harvest
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Recipe via Cooking Classy
Spaghetti Squash Casserole via Spend with Pennies
Chicken-Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Squash Boats via Delish
Creamed Spaghetti Squash with Browned Butter Walnuts via Half Baked Harvest
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna via Well Plated
Garlic Spaghetti Squash with Herbs via Pinch of Yum
Let us know if you try any of these spaghetti squash recipes out!