If you follow me on Pinterest, you would know that I have a slight avocado obsession; I have a board dedicated to avocado recipes! I came across this avocado pasta sauce recipe on “Oh She Glows” and decided to attempt it.
Boil your favorite pasta using the package instructions (add some salt and olive oil to the water)
Gather the ingredients for the pasta sauce:
avocado, basil, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, tomato, salt, & pepper
Throw it all in a food processor and blend away…
Chop up some onions, mushrooms and bell peppers for a quick vegetable saute…
Saute the veggies in butter and garlic and prepare to assemble.
Avocado Pasta with Sauteed Vegetables
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
8 oz Pasta
1 ripe avocado
2 small garlic cloves
1/4 cup basil leaves
2 small tomatoes
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup mushroom, chopped
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil pasta based on package instructions (add salt and olive oil to the water)
2. For the sauce put avocado, 1 garlic clove, basil leaves, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend thoroughly.
3. Chop the other clove of garlic and add to butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
4. Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms to the butter and let cook.
5. Drain the pasta, add avocado and sauteed vegetables on top.