Yay its the weekend! After a very busy week, I’m excited to relax for a few days. I’ve been asked a few questions on my daily makeup routine, so I thought I would share a tutorial. On a day to day basis, I strive for an understated look that brightens my eyes. As far as makeup goes, I don’t wear foundation and rarely wear concealer, so the only product on my face is eye makeup and lipstick. Since I spend very little time prepping my face, I tend to spend a little extra time on my eyes.
1. Fresh Face: My bare base is a freshly washed face with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.
2. Primer: For a long lasting look, a primer is essential and my go to is the Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion.
3. Eyeshadow: I have used the same eyeshadow palette for the past four years and am still in love with it. The Naked Palette is the perfect compilation of neutral shades for every skintone. For this look, I applied a hint of Sin on the inner corners of my eyes, followed by a blending of Buck and Sidecar on the entire lid and finishing with Darkhorse on the outer corner and crease.
4. Liquid Eyeliner: To keep my eye makeup from looking overdone, I do a very thin line of liquid eyeliner on the upper lashline. Here I used the Lancôme Artliner. This liner is another product that I’ve been using for over 3 years and can only rave about!
5. Curl & Mascara: Curl, curl, curl those lashes and then it’s time for mascara. My current mascara, Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils, is amazing! One coat makes my lashes fuller and so much darker. In terms of adding definition, length and fullness, this mascara is the way to go. Oh and it doesn’t smudge and lasts for over 12 hours.
6. Pencil Eyeliner: I have been lining my waterline with a pencil liner since middle school. I may not be a makeup pro, but I am a eyelining pro. I honestly can’t leave the house without a swipe of M.A.C Powerpoint Eye Pencil on my waterline. Here I also applied a bit of rose gold liner to the inner corner of my eye.
7. Highlight: One of my free time pleasures is watching YouTube makeup tutorials. I’m especially intrigued by the concept of contouring. My way of adding minimal contouring to a natural look is by using a highlighter, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. I apply my Touche Eclat under my eyes (almost like an undereye concealer) and on the brow bone. Then I blend, blend, blend!
::Shop the Post::
Fin. This process typically takes me less than 10 minutes. Those 10 minutes are worth it because it helps me look and feel awake and ready to take on a new day.
Thank you so much for stopping by! xo