Tell me, what do you think of when you think of the Masters. Golf? Azaleas? Pimento cheese sandwiches? These are some of the things that pop into my mind. I thought, why not combine the traits into an easy to replicate party idea. I had hundreds and hydrangea and azalea flowers in my backyard, so I wanted to use them as the main focus. A great addition for a golf themed party would be to add tees and golf balls to the flower arrangement. I found James’s stash of balls and accessories after this shoot, but I wish I had scattered them throughout the arrangement. But as you can see in this arrangement, I stuck with green hydrangeas, bright and white azaleas, and pops of yellow tulips.
To stick with the theme, I prepared grilled pimento cheese sandwiches(recipes follow the pictures), egg salad sandwiches and azalea cocktails. I also wrapped the sandwiches in green tissue paper, like they do at Augusta National. I honestly threw this together in less than 1.5 hours. I just randomly stuck the flowers in wet floral foam for the main design element, and served the sandwiches on white trays. So simple but so cute! If you would like more detailed instructions on the flowers, please feel free to email me!!
I posted the recipe for this DELICIOUS azalea cocktail previously and it has already become my go to cocktail! I just love the color. It was the perfect fit for the event. Everything paired together so well!!
FYI The egg salad sandwich was just pre made egg salad on white bread, so easy!
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese (Par 3 Tea Time at the Masters Calls for this!)
- 1/2 cup diced pimentos
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- White bread
- Combine pimentos, cheese, spices and mayonnaise in food processor.
- Cool in fridge until serving time.
- Spread generous serving onto slices of white bread.
- Grill both sides with butter.
Thanks for stopping by! If you host a Masters themed party, share pictures with me!!
Have a great week!