We may earn an affiliate commission from some links in this post, at no cost to you. Thank you!
With the weather getting colder by the day, I see myself craving hot meals that warm up my insides! My favorites are soups and curries, so I thought why not combine the two into a curried soup. So, for my meal prep Sunday, I made this curried butternut squash soup with garlic crostini and enjoyed a bowl every single night! Yes it’s THAT good!
Recipe for Curried Butternut Squash Soup with Garlic Crostini below.
The trick to the bold flavor is this spice blend! I adapted it from my mom’s classic spice blend that she used on EVERYTHING, my version is a little less spicy. The spices used are: turmeric, chili pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika, cayenne, dried parsley, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything together and add oil for an easy curry paste to rub on just about anything.
I don’t know about you, but when I make soup, I need crusty bread to dip into it. So a simple garlic crostini pairs really well with this soup. To make it, i just warm up some olive oil and add minced garlic and parsley to it. Then spread it onto bread and bake until its toasty.
For my curried butternut squash soup, I combined butternut squash cubes, sweet potato cubes and yellow onion into a bowl. I covered the vegetables in my curry paste and baked at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. The whole house smelled so good during the process.
After the veggies were baked, I took everything and dumped it into my new Vitamix Explorian 320. Isn’t she beautiful?!
I have to mention one thing, this machines is a dream! It pulverizes anything in seconds and creates the best texture for smoothies and soups. And it makes AMAZING hot chocolate and apple cider, more on that later.
What I loved most about this blender, is the variable speed and control I get when blending. It also has the power and ability to make soup from cold ingredients! I didn’t even know that was a thing! Another great thing is how easy it is to clean.
The Vitamix E320 is exclusively made for Costco and although it’s an investment piece, the quality and power of the machine make it worth every penny!
I blended the roasted veggies with coconut milk and vegetable stock to keep in on the vegan side, and let the Vitamix E320 do it’s magic. I poured everything into a bowl and added some toppings for some color. For toppings I went with more coconut milk, pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of paprika!
- 1 Peeled and Cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 Peeled and Cubed Sweet Potato
- 1 Cubed Yellow Onion
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock (add more if you like it thin)
- French Bread Slices
- Minced Garlic
- Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Create the curry powder using turmeric, chili pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika, cayenne, dried parsley, salt, and black pepper. Add olive oil to make paste.
- Rub curry paste onto vegetables and bake for 30 minutes.
- Heat up olive oil and add minced garlic and parsley.
- Spread garlic oil onto french bread and bake until toasted.
- When vegetables are baked, add to Vitamix E320 blender add coconut milk and vegetable stock. Blend at full speed until smooth, around 3 minutes.
- Pour into bowl and add your favorite toppings.
- Serve warm with garlic crostini.
Thank you Vitamix for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own!