Someone told me that lavender season is in full swing right now, which had me craving a lavender gin and tonic that I tried years ago. I found dried French lavender buds on Amazon and infused the buds into a lavender simple syrup. The smell and taste was heavenly, and paired well with the floral Hendricks Gin. The simple syrup tastes great in a latte too!
How to Make Lavender Simple Syrup for Your Lavender Gin and Tonic.
Combine water, sugar and lavender buds in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes on low. Remove from heat after 5 minutes and let it cool and steep for 1-2 hours. Y’all, my kitchen smelled AMAZING when I made this simple syrup! After an hour or two, strain the syrup into a mason jar or air tight container.
This syrup was used in so many things over the week. I added it to my coffee, used it as an ice cream topping and made many cocktails. The options are endless!
RELATED POST: RASPBERRY LEMONADE COCKTAIL // HAPPY HOUR AT HOME
RELATED POST: EASY GIN FIZZ RECIPE FOR DATE NIGHT
How to Make the Lavender Gin and Tonic
Add 2 ounces of Hendricks, half a lemon and thyme leaves to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake shake shake it and strain into a glass with more ice. Add some tonic water (Fever-Tree is my fave) and garnish with fresh thyme. SO YUM! Enjoy!
- 2 Tablespoons French Dried Lavender Buds
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Ounces Hendrick's Gin
- Fresh Lemon
- Tonic Water (Fever-Tree)
- Combine lavender buds, water and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool and steep for one to two hours.
- Strain and save in a mason jar for later.
Lavender Simple Syrup
Lavender Gin and Tonic
- Add gin, lemon juice, thyme leaves, 1 oz lavender simple syrup (more or less based on your preference) and ice into a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice and top with tonic water.
- Garnish with fresh thyme branches. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shop the Ingredients
Let me know if you try this recipe out! Thanks so much for stopping by!